Think on Your Feet®
The internationally acclaimed workshop that trains you to organize your ideas FAST! Think on Your Feet® is the globally acclaimed workshop that trains you to analyze, organize and present your ideas FAST.
Think on Your Feet® introduces the capsules-of-persuasion concept: 10 plans that structure your ideas quickly.
CLARITY. BREVITY. IMPACT®
Even under pressure!
What is Think on Your Feet®?
Designed by Dr Keith Spicer, Think on Your Feet® is a practical workshop on how to structure your ideas to speak concisely and persuasively.
The workshop introduces the "capsules-of-persuasion" concept:
Outline of a typical 2 day program:
Module 1: Getting to the Point & Being Remembered
- Techniques to package persuasion
- Structuring ideas simply and clearly
- Speaking in different situations: one-on-one, on the phone, in meetings, informal presentations, e-mails
Module 2: Presenting Your Ideas with Speed & Clarity
- Using three-part plans to display analysis
- Helping your listener understand by placing your ideas into a simple, unifying structure
- Relying on structured reasoning to answer questions quickly
Module 3: Using Handy Fall-Back Techniques When You're Caught Off Guard
- Making sense out of a mass of facts
- Explaining step-by-step processes clearly
Module 4: Handling Questions Quickly, Clearly and Persuasively
- Following the "Rule of Threes"
- Creating logical pegs to hang your thoughts on
- Announcing & Recapping
Module 5: Using "Visual" Pegs as Your Structure
- Achieving impact
- Supporting large or complex topics
- Adding depth to your message
Module 6: Dividing Information into Facets, Aspects or Perspectives
- Achieving objectivity
- Expressing thoughtfulness
- Addressing issues from different viewpoints
Module 7: Bridging from Question to Answer
- Buying yourself time
- Answering the right question
- Handling objections and tough questions positively
- Listening for clarity and impact
Module 8: Expanding or Focusing Your Listener's Perspective
- Moving from detail to big picture, or vice versa
- Handling sensitive or confidential information
- Countering sweeping generalizations
Module 9: Moving Two Opposing Viewpoints to a Middle Ground
- Negotiating a win-win outcome
- Dealing with controversial topics
- Moving to action
Module 10: Selling the Benefits of Your Ideas, Products and Services
- Presenting benefits, not features
- Showing advantages to your listener
- Employing the "So what?" test
Module 11: Illustrating Your Ideas
- Using examples to increase understanding & recall
- Developing ideas through the use of opposites
- Explaining an idea by cause & effect
Module 12: Telling a Story: What? Where? When? Why?
- Ensuring all relevant information is included
- Arranging the 5Ws as your idea peg
- Combining the 5Ws with other techniques
Module 13: Putting it All Together
Advanced Think on Your Feet® Drills
Module 14: Think on Your Feet® Speed Networking
The Think On Your Feet® workshop can be customised and run over a 1 day workshop.
Every participant receives a bound Workshop Manual containing a synopsis of the Think-on-Your-Feet® formats for easy study — plus examples, worksheets, checklists and memory-jogging wallet cards.
*Think on Your Feet® is a registered trademark of Think on Your Feet International, Inc.
For further information about Think on Your Feet® please use the contact form